TEMPORARY NEW LOCATION
As of Tuesday, March 24th the Cowichan Maternity Clinic will have a temporary new home. Following Public Health’s direction, reducing social interaction is critical at this time. Moving our clinic location will help reduce the number of outpatient visits in the hospital. Cowichan District Hospital continues to be a safe place to deliver your baby. Thank you for your cooperation with this change.
For all in-person clinic visits, our new address is: 271 Ingram St, Duncan in the Chiropractor office.
Our phone and fax numbers remain the same.
Note we will display as “Private number” on your caller ID.
COVID-19 and Pregnancy in the Cowichan Valley
You may be wondering how coronavirus could affect you, particularly in pregnancy. Our teams are working together proactively to ensure that you and your family are safe at home, in clinic, and in the hospital.
Please see our FAQ section for many commonly answered questions including what to do if you get cold symptoms.
You can help us by following these guidelines:
- Should you have a concern regarding your baby or pregnancy DO NOT DELAY seeking treatment. However we need to know if you have ANY cold symptoms, fever, recent travel, or contact with a person that may have COVID-19 so we can safely care for you.
- If you have any of these risk factors, please phone the clinic at 250-737-2066 (or ward after hours at 250-737-2030 ext 44224) before coming to the clinic or hospital.
- If you need to be seen in the hospital please be aware as per new Island Health guidelines only one person will be able to come with you
We still want to see you for your routine care:
We will take steps to ensure our clinics are as safe as possible and will do as many visits as we deem safe via the phone. We will call you to let you know whether your visit is in person or via the phone
If your visit is in person you can help us keep the clinic safe by:
- Please leave family members at home (including kids) or outside the clinic if possible.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer when you arrive at the clinic, and again before you leave.
For More Information, see our COVID-19 Resources page.